We encourage individuals and groups who create dance pieces in all genres, such as hip hop/street dance styles, jazz and theatre styles, ballet, South Asian dance, contemporary dance, dance of the African Diaspora, folk dance, you name it: U.Dance is for everyone!
Screen Moves is for dancers aged 11 to 19 years, and up to 25 years for dancers with disabilities.
We invite applications from groups and individuals; this may include solos, duets, trios or groups of any number within the guidelines below:
- There is a maximum of 30 dancers allowed for U.Dance on Stage pieces.
- There is no upper limit on number of dancers for U.Dance on Screen applications.
Please note: you must work within current Covid-19 guidance that is appropriate for your setting; including the number of dancers in your group.
There is a small bursary available for individuals or groups with dancers who identify as D/disabled or D/deaf selected for Screen Moves. For more information on this please contact South East Dance on 01273 696844 and ask for Sarah or email: email@example.com
To be eligible for a place at U.Dance 2022 you will need to:
- Include dancers aged 11 to 19 years on 24 July 2022, and up to 25 years for dancers with disabilities.
- Submit a dance piece which is between 2 and 7 minutes in duration.
- Be based in the south east region and involve dancers who live in the south east region including: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and West Sussex.
- Submit a dance piece that has not been extensively showcased. The panel are looking for recent pieces that have either not been performed/screened before or have only been shown a few times.
- Work within current Covid-19 guidance that is appropriate for your setting.
- Return the completed application form, monitoring form and URL link to your dance film, plus music details, by the deadline date: 12noon, Tuesday 11 January 2022.
- Submit the dance film via a URL link as a finished version of your piece, or as close to being completed as possible. If selected you will be required to re-submit the final edit of your dance film as an MP4 file.
- Submit a dance piece to South East Dance for consideration at Screen Moves under one of the following strands:
- U.Dance on Stage: a filmed dance piece for the stage for with no more than 30 dancers. This includes the option to be considered for selection to attend and perform live on stage at the U.Dance National Festival, 22-24 July 2022 in Glasgow.
- U.Dance on Screen: a dance film in any location, with no upper limit on dancer numbers. This includes the option to be considered for selection for an online screening of your film at the U.Dance National Festival 2022.
- PLEASE NOTE: Groups/individuals selected for the National Festival under the U.Dance on Screen strand will NOT go to the U.Dance National Festival in person.