We are very happy to welcome six new members to the South East Dance Board of Trustees - the group of people who help us lead our work and achieve our charitable aims.
Maureen Salmon FRSA, CCMI, SFHEA, Leadership & Development Consultant, Coach and Academic joins us as Chair of the Board, alongside five new trustees, including:
- Subathra Subramaniam, Artistic Director & CEO of Akademi, the UK’s leading South Asian dance organisation.
- Lily Norton, autistic Dancer, Teacher, Artist, Writer, Audio Describer, and Content & Access Artist with Stopgap Dance.
- Vanessa Lefrancois, freelance Arts & Cultural Consultant.
- Vicky Sword Daniels, Arts Council Programme Lead at Julie’s Bicycle, and expert in climate and disaster resilience.
- Louise Zandstra, Director of Finance & Enterprises at The Charleston Trust.
Rachel Gibson, our Executive Director, says: “As a charity that’s committed both to making dance a part of more people’s lives and creating positive change in the dance sector, we are delighted to welcome such a highly experienced cohort of leaders to South East Dance.”
Cath James, our Artistic Director, continues: “As we move forward on our journey in our new home for dance, The Dance Space, we are hugely grateful and excited to have the support of our new Chair and Trustees, with their fantastic range of knowledge from within and beyond the world of dance, to propel us towards a new era.”
Maureen Salmon, our new Chair, says: “Having worked as the Arts Council’s Dance Officer for the South East during the 1990s, I am delighted that 25 years on I am leading, championing and advocating South East Dance’s vision of a world where every body is empowered to create, take part in and enjoy dance in all its forms.
“This is an exciting time of opportunity, but also a time when our communities face immense social and economic challenges. So, I’m looking forward to focusing our work on helping to create new, different, brighter futures through dance.”