At Jamie’s memorial service, we launched a fundraising campaign in his name to support the completion of the South East’s new home for dance, The Dance Space.
Jamie’s vision for The Dance Space was of a place where people from all walks of life could come together to experience and celebrate the joy of dance, and where the next generation of dance artists could flourish and thrive.
To ensure his legacy, the Jamie Watton Fund will:
- help us complete The Dance Space to the highest possible specifications
- allow us to create bursaries for new and emerging dance artists and choreographers
- offer vital financial support to young people at the start of their career – particularly those from marginalised backgrounds.
To date you have generously donated over £20,000 – a truly amazing result for which we are eternally grateful. But there is still some way to go, and we would love to double that total by the time The Dance Space opens in 2021.
Here are some examples of what your donation could achieve:
- £25 would allow us to buy essential equipment for the studios, such as mats, benches and mirrors
- £100 would provide lockers for the changing rooms
- £250 could support a young person through our Young Talent Programme
- £500 could pay for retractable seating in the Creation Studio
- £1,000 could establish an annual artist-in-residence programme
- £5,000 would allow us to invest in high quality technical kit such as state-of-the-art lighting, sound and digital equipment
Ultimately, every donation, no matter how large or small, brings us closer to realising Jamie’s vision, and rest assured we will direct your gift to where it’s most needed.
Of course, alongside making sure that you are suitably credited for your generosity, we will keep you updated on all the latest news on The Dance Space, and invite you to join us at key events throughout our opening season.
If you have any questions, or if you would like more information, please call Hanna or Andrew on 01273 696844 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.