We welcome applications from all groups including those that are run by schools, those that are based in the community, those who work with dancers who identify as D/disabled and D/deaf and those from private dance school settings.
We encourage groups who create dance pieces in all genres, such as hip hop/street dance styles, jazz and theatre styles, ballet, South Asian dance, contemporary dance, dance of the African Diaspora, folk dance, you name it: U.Dance is for everyone!
The U.Dance Digital South East Regional Platform 2021 is for dancers aged 11 to 19 years, and up to 25 years for dancers with disabilities.
This year we invite applications from groups and solo applicants.
There is no upper limit on number of dancers for U.Dance on Screen applications.
There is a maximum of 30 dancers allowed for U.Dance on Stage pieces.
Please note: you must work within Covid-19 guidance that is appropriate for your setting; including the number of dancers in your group.
To be eligible for a place at U.Dance 2021 you will need to:
- Include dancers aged 11 to 19 years on 31 July 2021, and up to 25 years for dancers with disabilities.
- Work within Covid-19 guidance that is appropriate for your setting.
- Submit a dance piece which is between 2 and 7 minutes in duration.
- Be based in the South East region and involve dancers who live in the South East region including: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and West Sussex.
- Return the completed application form and monitoring form and submit video file and supporting music rights information by the deadline date: 12noon, Friday 26 February.
- Submit the final finished version of your piece. Work in progress or incomplete pieces will not be considered for selection.
Please note: The filmed dance submitted by application will be the piece considered by the regional panel. If selected, this is the video file South East Dance will show as part of the digital regional platform.
- Submit a dance piece, via video, to South East Dance for consideration at the U.Dance Digital South East Regional Platform in one of the following settings:
- U.Dance on Stage for groups who are able to meet in person and create a piece in a studio, with no more than 30 dancers.
- U.Dance on Screen for groups who are meeting remotely and/or wish to develop a screen dance piece, with no upper limit on dancer numbers.