We are looking for people with the skills and experience to help us to widen our perspective, think differently and serve our communities better. You may not have worked in an organisation like South East Dance before, but have transferable skills from your work in another field, for example, you may have experience in retail, hospitality, sports or education context.
If you feel you can do the job of Receptionist & Operations Assistant well and bring your own unique approach to it, then we would love to hear from you. If you are from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector (for example you have African or Asian heritage or are ethnically diverse, D/deaf, disabled or neurodivergent, did not go to University or had free school meals as a child), and you would like help to explain how your work experience is transferable to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for you to meet with one of our team who can talk you through how best to present your application.
You can make your application in any of the following formats:
- Curriculum Vitae and letter. The letter should be no more than two sides of A4
- An audio recording of not more than eight minutes
- A video recording of not more than eight minutes
- In British Sign Language
If you would like to use a different format, then please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Whichever way you choose to make your application please tell us:
- Why you are interested in the job
- What experience you have that you think will make you able to do the job well. It is helpful if you can describe this in relation to the key tasks and essential skills and experience listed in the job description and person specification. This can be direct experience in an equivalent role or experience you have gained in other ways
- Any other experience and attributes that you have that you think make you a good candidate
- If you are disabled, please let us know if you are applying under the guaranteed interview scheme
- If you are from a background that is underrepresented in our workforce and would like to be interviewed if you meet the essential criteria for the role, then please let us know.
Please also complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This is important as we analyse these to see whether or not we are reaching a wider range of people in our recruitment processes and what changes we may need to make in future in order to do so.
The link to the monitoring form is on our website here.