The time commitment is approximately 12 days a year and includes:
- Quarterly Board meetings, and a meeting with the executive team beforehand to discuss the agenda
- The Chair may be invited to attend subcommittee meetings
- Board events including an annual away day and Board development including training
- Important South East Dance events including launches, key performances and screenings and fundraising events
- Attending other key meetings and events as required
The Chair will be appointed for an initial term of three years starting in Autumn 2022. They must stand down at the end of their three-year term but can be re-elected immediately for a further three years, with the option to extend this for one more year at the end of the second three-year period.
South East Dance is committed to working inclusively. We aim to meet Board members' access needs to enable them to engage fully – Board meetings are in person with the facility to attend virtually and take place at The Dance Space, which is accessible.
In compliance with charity law this is an unpaid voluntary position. Reasonable expenses may be claimed including travel costs, access support costs and child care costs for attending Board and other meetings.
If you would like to have a confidential, informal conversation about the role of Chair with no obligation, please contact one of our recruitment consultants. Theresa Beattie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Shreela Ghosh at email@example.com