South East Dance is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sectors of the community including those that are currently under-represented in our industry.
Part Time Dance Teachers
Aldridge South East Dance Academy are seeking to appoint a bank of well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic dance teachers to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Dance for a new two year BTEC course. The successful applicants will be offered part time, flexible teaching dependent on their subject specialism and schedules.
Aldridge South East Dance Academy is a unique collaboration between education and the dance industry giving students the opportunity to study for a BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Dance). Students have the opportunity to work with respected members of the dance industry in partnership with South East Dance. This ‘ Brighton Curriculum’ has been designed and commissioned to allow for dance to be developed and showcased in venues, attractions and locations across the city. From 2018 the course will be based at the new South East Dance Studios in the centre of Brighton. You will be able to work from Brighton or Portslade Aldridge Community Academies from Autumn 2016 on a flexible basis.
You will have a passion for dance, collaboration and have a commitment to the potential of combining choreography, performance, dance techniques with vocational experiences. You will be confident teacher of the BTEC with strong technical dance skills.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
- A dance degree
- Qualified teacher status/ or post-16 teacher training qualification
- A strong track record as an outstanding teacher of Dance or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
- A passion for Dance which is evident in your day to day classroom practice
- Proven commitment to Diversity and equal opportunities
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage artistic projects.
- Experience of delivering and assessing BTECs
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing
- The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development, as a tutor, in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures.
- An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
- An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of dance education within a new dance academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you. You will be offered CPD opportunities as part of your appointment and a hourly fee relevant to your level of experience.
Please send in an up to date CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable and how your skills and experience meet the statements above.
Deadline for applications is 19 June. Please email your application to Rose Kigwana on email@example.com
For more information about the BTEC visit southeastdance.org.uk/what-we-do/participation
20/07/16 Call Out - Pebble Trust Flourish BursaryA cash award of up to £1000 to support continuing professional development, open to professional artists based in the Brighton & Hove area. How to apply.
18/07/16 Aged 14-18 years old and interested in a career in dance?Join us for a fun and FREE contemporary dance workshop with professional dance artists. Find out more.
15/07/16 Read our latest newsletter: South East Dance - The Summer IssueFeaturing words from Theo Clinkard, Sarah Blanc, Rosie Heafford and more… Read it all here.
16/05/16 Ladies and Gentleman - The Red LineIf you are involved in making performance – as a choreographer, maker, dramaturg, producer or performer – then this is the place for you: theredline.org.uk
19/04/16 South East Dance receive Arts Impact Fund investmentWe are pleased to announce that we are one of the first three organisations to receive investment from the Arts Impact Fund. Read more on their website.
08/03/16 South East Dance supported artists at Brighton FestivalIncluding Lost Dog, Three Score Dance Company, Liz Aggiss and more. View all events on our website: Performances & Events
Feet off the Ground @FeetGroundDance
theplace.org.uk/whats-on/conta… Join us @ThePlaceLondon Summer School 15-19th Aug for Contact Improv fun! @southeastdance pic.twitter.com/WBouWwGDDU
Retweeted by South East Dance
JOIN THE SOUTH EAST DANCE MAILING LIST
Join our mailing list here